Madison has been taking ballet and tap dance lessons all year and it's culminating this weekend with the big showcase of all the groups of dancers performing the dances they've been working on for months. So Thursday we went to her dress rehearsal. She's in a class of 10 5-yr-olds dancing to "Part of Your World" from The Little Mermaid. Sooo perfect, since she loves that whole soundtrack, and their costumes are beautiful.
I remember a couple years ago when she was in a different dance class, I cried the whole recital. Partly because I was so proud of my little girl (who was barely 3 at the time!), and partly because I had a weird feeling inside that I was turning my little girl into a dancing monkey, fulfilling my long lost dreams of becoming a dancer. Was this my first step toward becoming a bonafide Stage Mom? This was completely unfounded, you understand, because Madison loved dance class, and I didn't micromanage any details whatsoever. I think I just had to come to terms with the whole thing.
The good news is that this time around, those feelings have completely dissipated, and I've truly enjoyed watching her learn and grow this year as I've watched her dance each week. Saturday, at the showcase (recital), I'll be beaming with pride, without the negative feelings thrown in. Yay!
BTW, my computer was giving me problems uploading the photos we have of Maddie in her dance costume, but I'll try to get some more up this weekend when she's all dressed up for her big performance! Until then, here is my favorite picture of her:
I remember a couple years ago when she was in a different dance class, I cried the whole recital. Partly because I was so proud of my little girl (who was barely 3 at the time!), and partly because I had a weird feeling inside that I was turning my little girl into a dancing monkey, fulfilling my long lost dreams of becoming a dancer. Was this my first step toward becoming a bonafide Stage Mom? This was completely unfounded, you understand, because Madison loved dance class, and I didn't micromanage any details whatsoever. I think I just had to come to terms with the whole thing.
The good news is that this time around, those feelings have completely dissipated, and I've truly enjoyed watching her learn and grow this year as I've watched her dance each week. Saturday, at the showcase (recital), I'll be beaming with pride, without the negative feelings thrown in. Yay!
BTW, my computer was giving me problems uploading the photos we have of Maddie in her dance costume, but I'll try to get some more up this weekend when she's all dressed up for her big performance! Until then, here is my favorite picture of her:


4 comments:
It's about time! I'm so excited to read your blog and see pics of your sweet girls. I love Maddie's hair, it's so pretty!
Dance Monkey, DANCE!!
Yay! Already, I'm learning of these beautiful moments that are happening in your family - and I love it! Can't wait to see Maddie in her costume, with that great smile!
Yea! Nikki I am so excited that you have a family blog! It will be fun to keep in touch with you. Maddie is such a beauty! Much love!
Post a Comment